::: LT-111 :::
A device for deposition
of monomolecular films
according to the Langmuir—Blodgett (LB) techniquee
A device for film deposition
by Langmuir—Blodgett technique LT-111
Langmuir–Blodgett trough ‘LT-111’ is intended
- for application of monomolecular films on solid samples according to the Langmuir–Blodgett (LB) technique and for deposition of multimolecular films by corresponding layer-by-layer technique;
- for measurement of compression isotherms (without limitation in number of surfactants in multicomponent mixtures);
- for application of monomolecular films on solid samples according to the horizontal precipitation (HP) technique;
- for experiments on construction mono- and mulimolecular composite coatings on solid surface;
- for altering the surface properties (hydrophylic, optical, electrical etc. behavior);
- for fundamental research at production of ultrathin films and their application as insulating and protective coatings, elements of molecular electronics, in biological studies for creation of analogs for bilayer lipid membranes etc..
This version features extra-wide dipping well suitable for flat samples of diameter up to 125 mm. That allows experimentation with, for example, silicon wafers directly.
||LB trough with basic accessories
(Base slab suitable for liquid thermostating by outer source (not included); Substrate clamping holder for fixing the sample on the dipper lever; Rig for film application by the horizontal precipitation method)
unit (85 mm stroke)
||PTFE aspirator for water-jet cleaning of the aqueous surface.
||A Microdoser for automated application of substance on to aqueous surface in the trough.
||A set of
calibrating surfactants: stearic acid, behenic acid, acetyl alcohol.
1 Basic set also includes control software (for Win32) and operation manual.
* Host PC not included in the delivery set
Software for LB trough control and data acquisition is a Win32
application running under OS Windows.
The software is built according to the modular scheme oriented to perform specific
application technique and provides all preliminary settings and calibration necessary
for the LB trough operation as well control over the systems (mechanisms of the
barrier movement and sample dipping/lifting) at the film application.
Acquired data can be saved in special format or text files and can be then
processed, visualized and analysed in the program itself or with third party software
(e.g. SurfaceXplorer package or Microsoft
Minimal configuration of host PC (not included in the delivery
set): Celeron® 1.7 GHz, RAM 512
MB, HDD 160 GB, VRAM 64 MB, monitor 1024x768x32 bit, MS Windows®
XP SP2, 1 free USB port.